The North Carolina Justice Center is the state’s preeminent voice for economic, social and political justice.
As a leading progressive research and advocacy organization, our mission is to eliminate poverty in North Carolina by ensuring that every household in the state has access to the resources, services and fair treatment it needs to achieve economic security.
To make opportunity and prosperity for all a reality, we work toward:
- Jobs that are safe, pay a living wage, and provide benefits
- Access to quality and affordable health care
- Quality public education for every child
- Consumer protections from abusive practices
- Safe and affordable housing
- Public investments that expand opportunities for economic security
- A fair and stable revenue system that adequately funds public investments while fairly distributing tax responsibility
- Fair treatment for everyone in North Carolina – regardless of race, ethnicity, or country of origin
Read This Now ⇥