Calling all health professionals and health professions students/trainees
Please join N.C. White Coats Supporting Healthcare for All in a massive white coat action at the Moral March on Raleigh/HKonJ People’s Assembly on Saturday, Feb 11, 2017 in Raleigh
- White Coat participation in this march continues our advocacy for health and healthcare justice, including expansion of Medicaid to 500,000 North Carolinians.
- HKonJ (Historic Thousands on Jones Street) http://www.hkonj.com/ is comprised of groups/citizens in NC who, with leadership from the NC NAACP, stand for voting rights, public education, healthcare justice, the environment, and other progressive issues, many of which impact health
- White coat gatherings carry powerful moral authority, and a massive white coat block in this crowd will send a message to the US and the world that NC health professionals stand for their patients with courage and determination.
- This white coat block will make for beautiful photos and news coverage!
- Citizens want to know where health professionals stand on healthcare issues.
- Politicians find us difficult to ignore.
- A large turnout of health professionals and students will make a difference in the political climate in NC and the US and will inspire others around the country who are fighting for access to care, Medicaid expansion and other issues that affect our patients.
- It is fun and uplifting to gather with others for a morning of fellowship, singing, chanting, marching, and organizing for future actions
- While waiting to march, we can plan for future actions that will be needed this year.
- Pre-march rally starts at 9:00, march starts at 10:00. Post-march rally runs till about 12:30.
- We urge you to come to Mecca Restaurant, 13. E. Martin St., at 8 AM to meet new friends, greet old friends, organize for future actions, and avoid traffic. A group of us will be there to welcome you. Students and trainees eat for free!
- Meet at 9 AM on the steps of the Duke Energy Center for the Performing Arts/Memorial Auditorium (Meymandi Concert Hall) at the southwest corner of E. South St and S. Wilmington St. (across the street from Shaw University)
- Downtown parking is free on Saturdays. On this interactive map, the closest deck to our gathering place is the southernmost deck (called Performance Arts Parking Deck)
- Show up in your white coat to the rally. Signs and banners are also great, but your presence in your white coat is a powerful symbol in itself. We will have some extra white coats for health professionals to borrow.
- Forward this email and invite your friends/organizations to the Facebook page (NC White Coats Support Healthcare for All). Tweet (twitter handle @NC_White_Coats), text, taunt—whatever it takes to get your people out. Make it fun (lunch or museum afterwards, breakfast before, sign-making party?)! Happy protesters attract others.
- Information about buses going to the march will be available at hkonj.com
See you on Saturday, Feb 11th!
Read This Now ⇥