Despite the rain, the HKonJ Rally was a success.
More than 200 joined us in the WHITE COAT CONTINGENT of the Moral March on Raleigh, Feb 10, 2018.
Please enjoy and share these photos. Thanks to Bill Boyarsky and to Jonathan Michels for contributing these.
Health professionals and health professions students are invited to wear their white coats or other professional garb to show support for healthcare for all and public policy that protects vulnerable patients.
- If you are considering skipping this year, watch this year’s promo video and you will change your mind!
- Breakfast: Arranged by Charlie van der Horst at nearby restaurant Death & Taxes at 105 W Hargett St 7:45-9:15 AM. RSVP to D. van der Horst email@example.com. Free for trainees (supported by $$ from Health Care for All NC). Professionals should contribute as able.
- Meet at opening rally at 9 AM at the corner of Wilmington and South Streets on the steps of Meymandi Concert Hall, Raleigh
- March at 10 AM to Capitol
- The people’s assembly will be held near the State Capitol on Fayetteville Street and last till about 12:30.
- Visit us on Facebook at NC White Coats Support Healthcare for All and Twitter @NC_White_Coats.
- For more details visit https://naacpnc.org/hkonj-peoples-assembly-coalition/ or call Perri Morgan (919) 724 5208.
- Download (and distribute!) the Moral March 2018 white coat flyer .
- HKonJ is a very large annual event initiated in 2007 by the NC-NAACP and the Moral Movement coalition, led by Rev.William Barber.
- The event is fully permitted, carefully organized and is NOT intended to require civil disobedience or trigger any arrests.
- The coalition is constituted by 200+ organizations, including Health Care for All NC
- This year’s theme is “Taking Resistance to the Ballot Box”
- The People’s Agenda is 14 points listed below, but detailed with Action Steps at website:
- All Children Need High Quality, Constitutional, Well-Funded, Diverse Public Schools.
- Livable Wages and Support for Low Income People.
- Health Care for All.
- Redress Ugly Chapters in N. C.’s Racist History
- Expand and Improve Same Day Registration and Public Financing of Elections.
- Lift Every HBCU.
- Document and Redress 200 years of State Discrimination in Hiring and Contracting.
- Provide Affordable Housing and Stop Consumer Abuse.
- Abolish the Racially-Biased Death Penalty and Mandatory Sentencing Laws; Reform our Prisons.
- Promote Environmental Justice.
- Collective Bargaining for Public Employees and Worker Safety.
- Protect the Rights of Immigrants from Latin America and other Nations.
- Organize, Strengthen and Provide Funding For Our Civil Rights Enforcement Agencies and Statutes Now.
- Bring Our Troops Home from Iraq Now.
Read This Now ⇥