Senator Burr might be sighted in Durham!
Let’s go meet him, wearing our professional garb!
- Senator Richard Burr will be speaking at Duke University’s healthcare management advisory council on Friday, March 24th. Let’s ask him to come outside and hear our stories.
- 10am: press conference on corner of Cameron Drive and Science Drive in Durham. Here we will hear from people who will be affected by the repeal of the ACA.
- 10:30: walk to just outside of the JB Duke hotel where those who will be affected will lay on the ground for the die-in which will occur around 10:45 or 11. Bring your posters or tombstones if you will be negatively affected by these healthcare changes.
- Organized by Protecting Progress in Durham, supported by Progress NC and others. Go here for updates: https://www.facebook.com/events/413387559027990??ti=ia
- Note from Perri: If you can’t get there till noon, come anyway! We don’t know how long Burr will be in his meeting, and when he might emerge. If you want to know if the event is still going on, you can try calling or texting me: 919 724 5208
Photo borrowed from “in-Training”, online magazine for medical students